Irina Shamaeva is a recognized leader in Sourcing, Social Recruiting, and Internet Research.
She is Partner and Chief Sourcer at Brain Gain Recruiting, an executive search firmwith the focus on placing software development and management consulting candidates nationwide.
In addition to sourcing for her agency, Irina takes on Sourcing /Name Generation/Internet Research projects across numerous industries and geographies – which she loves doing!
Irina shares her sourcing discoveries, tips, and strategies in blogs and lectures. Her blog Boolean Strings has enjoyed 170K+ visits so far in 2013. Thousands of students have attended Irina’s webinars on Search Engines, LinkedIn, Social Recruiting, Internet Research, and productivity tools.
Irina is Founder and part of the Team at People Sourcing Certification Program, now in its second year, that has become the program of choice for recruiters world-wide. By now the program has graduates from 16 countries in the world, and from companies such as Apple, Microsoft, PepsiCo, Target, Allstate Insurance, HomeDepot, Verizon Wireless, Capgemini, and more.
Irina’s latest speaking engagements included:
- August 2012 – Keynote Speaker at the Sourcing Summit in Sydney and Brisbane, Australia
- February 2013 – Speaker at SourceCon Atlanta
- April 2013 – Speaker at eRecruitment conference, Amsterdam
- May 2013 – Panel moderator at Recruiting Innovation Summit, San Francisco
- June 2013 – Keynote Speaker at Sourcing Summit, New Zealand
- July 2013 Speaker at the “Leadership Edge”, an RSCA conference, Australia
- September 2013 – Speaker at Sourcing Summit Europe, Amsterdam
Irina won the largest number of sourcing competitions than anyone else, which includes the “big” SourceCon challenge in 2009, the contest in 2011, the SourceCon challenge in Atlanta in Feb in 2013, and the prequalifier contest for SourceCon Seattle in October 2013.
Prior to Brain Gain Recruiting and People Sourcing Certification Program, Irina held engineering and management leadership positions at biotech and high technology companies in the San Francisco Bay Area, including Applied Biosystems, MDL, and e-Motion. Irina holds a Master of Science Degree in Mathematics from Moscow University.